We're looking for an experienced product designer to lead our design efforts and shape the future of Humanloop’s product and brand.
AI is progressing rapidly and it’s yet to be defined how humans should work with these systems. As our first design hire, you'll be instrumental in our ultimate mission of making working with AI as easy as instructing a colleague. This will require empathy with our users and ability to make working with data intuitive. There are few examples to crib from. If this sounds like a fun challenge, get in touch!
— Jordan (CPO)
- Design high-information-density interfaces without sacrificing clarity and simplicity
- Design experiences that are not just functional, but delightful to our users
- Balance craft with business impact to set the right scope for each iteration of each feature
- Define Humanloop's visual design across product features and brand marketing
- Run ideation sessions (we love a whiteboard/FigJam to explore an idea)
- Talk to users to translate their experience into customer needs
- Help prioritise, plan, and scope our product roadmap
You ideally have:
- 2+ years experience designing productivity/data tools at high-growth companies
- Excellent communication skills - you will feel comfortable talking to users and engineers, and communicating the results verbally and async.
- Excellent taste - that bring simplicity to the complicated and makes delightful and simple user experiences.
- Interest in AI and machine learning. You don't need to be an expert but you should be interested and keen to learn key concepts that are crucial for this work
- User focus and high empathy. You can translate user feedback into the underlying needs. You put users first and can manage competing priorities
- Be comfortable with ambiguity – product ideas are often vague/abstract to start off and need to be carefully solidified
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 25 days PTO + bank holidays
- Equipment stipend to support your home office needs
- Generous annual learning and development stipend
- Company retreats four times a year
- Remote-first, flexible working
Remote first, with dedicated in-person time
We're aiming for the best of remote and in-person. We're an online-first company but we also believe that building strong culture and innovating require trust and facetime. We aim to have an offsite in a fun location every quarter and to meet in person at least once a month.
We ask that you are able to travel to London at least once a month for a day or two.
How to apply?
Send us an email at email@example.com with the job title in the subject and your CV + portfolio and why you're interested.
We're a small team, and well-funded by some great VCs (Y Combinator, Index Ventures, LocalGlobe) and angel investors across the US and Europe. Our team have worked on some of the largest AI projects at Google, Microsoft and Amazon, and have PhDs and professorships from UCL’s AI Centre.