A Product Engineer is a customer-obsessed, product-focused, full stack Software Engineer. As one of the first Software Engineers at Humanloop you’ll lead the design, development, and operations of our products. We’re a small and autonomous team, so, you’ll end up wearing many hats and having meaningful impact.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll comfortably go up and down the stack; from writing backend and frontend code, to running AWS infrastructure, to implementing whatever necessary tool or process we don’t yet have.
It doesn’t matter what languages and tools you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code and be excited by learning new languages and tools. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Our current stack is
- Python backend with pytorch for our deep learning framework
- Next/React for our frontend
- AWS for most of our infrastructure
You’ll have significant control over what gets added to and removed from this list in the next version of this job description.
- You care deeply about customer needs, the problems they face, and therefore the products we’re building to solve them.
- You're excited by our mission and the potential of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- You are able to, or want to be able to, work at every level of the stack. We believe this to be the strongest indicator of extraordinary engineers.
- You’re excited by the ambiguity of being one of the first employees in an early-stage company.
- You care deeply about your growth and the rate at which you grow. The success of our company is a function of the people in our team. Your growth rate will be directly causal to Humanloop's growth rate. We spend a lot of time thinking about each other’s success paths.
- You get excited about learning new things, writing blog posts and going to conferences to talk about all things product and engineering.
We think that people with amazing ability can come from all sorts of backgrounds. We care that you can write excellent, clean code and understand how to create applications of value. When looking at your contributions, we value quality over quantity.
We were founded right as the world went into the Covid-19 lockdown and were birthed as a remote first company. We see many benefits to being remote and plan to be that way for the foreseeable future. We also believe that building strong culture and innovating require trust and facetime, so we want to be able to meet in person at least once a month.
As a result we will be fully remote for at least the next year but you must have the ability to travel to London at least once a month for a day or two.
How to apply?
send us an email at email@example.com with the job title in the subject and your CV. We want to get to know you so also tell about yourself, why you want to join the team and your passions and interests.